At a local level, Slow Food Shoalhaven's activities are geared towards supporting a thriving Food Community. The priorities and projects we work on to realise that are:
SHAKE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU:
(understand where your food comes from, how and by whom it was produced)
1. Shoalhaven Grows Producers Grant - $5000 Grant Pool available each year
2. Shoalhaven Producers Directory -finding and promoting local growers/producers
3. Promote Farmers Market(s) - any thriving food community needs access to fresh local produce!
(recognising chefs, cooks, cafe's that support small scale producers and SF's philosophy)
1. Snail of Approval: a visual appreciation of establishments that use/feature local produce
2. Organising Fun and Social Events that celebrate the 'Slow Food way of life'
(learn more about growing, eating and preparing tasty, seasonal, fresh and wholesome food)
1. Workshops: Veggie Club (grow/cook veggies) and Culture Club (ferment/bake/brew)
2. Tools & Skills: organising classes and interesting guest speakers on food topics
MENU FOR CHANGE:
(understand the impact of our daily food choices on your health, society and our planet)
1. Inspiration: guest speakers, forums, discussions on important food-related issues
2. Education: engaging our community and especially children in Good/Clean/Fair Food
More information on some of our projects can be found on the individual tabs on this page.